I’m a geographer who writes code. Previously, I have built software to document and report on land rights, to support community and participatory mapping, and to analyse and visualise crowd-sourced geographic information. I now work at Development Seed.
I live and work in Melbourne, Australia.
The best way to get in touch is via email: email@example.com
I’m actively maintaining:
- Leaflet.Deflate is a small library to improve the readability of feature-heavy large-scale LeafletJS maps.
- netlify-plugin-html-validate is a Netlify plugin for post-build HTML validation.
Older projects I stopped supporting, either because I changed jobs or because I found the projects were no longer useful, include:
- Cadasta Platform was a web portal to document land and property rights.
- GeoKey is a platform for participatory mapping that enables citizens to collect, share, and discuss local knowledge on the Web.
- OpenRouteService is an online route-planning application based on OpenStreetMap. I helped build an earlier version of its front-end.
- OSMatrix was a tool for visual exploration of OpenStreetMap mapping progress and quality metrics.
- django-skivvy helps you write faster integration tests for Django views with less code.
I wrote and published papers on community mapping and volunteered geographic information.
- GeoKey – open infrastructure for community mapping and science. Human Computation 3(1) doi: 10.15346/hc.v3i1.8 (2016):
- Location Based Social Networks – Definition, Current State of the Art and Research Agenda. Transactions in GIS 17(5) doi: 10.1111/tgis.12032 (2013):
- OSMatrix — Grid based analysis and visualization of OpenStreetMap. State of the Map EU. Wien, July 2011. (2011):
- Volunteered Geographic Information - Datenqualität und Nutzungspotentiale am Beispiel von OpenStreetMap. Kommission “Angewandte Kartographie - Geovisualisierung” der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Kartographie (DGfK) - Symposium Königslutter 2011. (2011):
- (2008): Using Open Standards for Browser-based Integration and Visualization of Geo-Spatial Data. Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 10(EGU2008-A-07829).